Install iOS Ad hoc App
Installing an iPhone Ad Hoc Distribution
You will need:
- The .ipa file
- The .mobileprovision file for the application
- The device with the UDID that you have provided
- The computer that you sync with your device
- Save the .ipa and .mobileprovision files to your desktop, or another convenient place.
- Open iTunes, and drag-&-drop the .mobileprovision file onto Library.
- Drag-&-drop the .ipa file onto Library (on a Window's machine you can double click the .ipa file to install it). If you get an error don't go any further, contact the developer as there could be a problem with the files or provisioning.
- In iTunes go to the Applications area of the library, check that the ad hoc application is listed there amongst your other applications.
- With your device connected, select your device and the applications tab. Confirm that the new application has been checked ready for syncing.
- Sync your device with your iTunes. Once synced you should be able to see the ad hoc distribution on your device as you would any other application.